Students interested in military careers offered special oppurtunity

By Kristen Shepard

Students at CHS tend to be very aware of their options following graduation from high school. Whether it is a trade school, four year college, or military academy, CHS students go to various programs to begin the rest of their lives. All of these options require careful planning. However, this year, it is easier to find out the steps to join the military thanks to a forum planned to give students more information.

Students interested in learning more about the United States Service Academies are invited attend a Forum sponsored by our North Texas Congressmen on Saturday, April 20 at CHS. This is an important step for those interest in careers in the US Army, Navy or Air Force.  The program is free and runs from 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.  Registration is free and opens at 7:30 am that day.

Here, students will receive more information on congressional nominations, the application process and the options the academies will provide them. Be sure to stop by if you think you are interested in serving our nation in this bold way.