Community holds EGGstravanganza in honor of Easter weekend

Graphic by Sophie Nayuokas
Graphic by Sophie Nayuokas

By Jordan Bickham

With Easter around the corner, Coppell is getting in on the action with their EGGstravaganza event.  This free event takes place on Saturday, March 30 begins at 11:00 am, but it is recommended that you arrive early.  The event is located at Wagon Wheel Park which is at 345 Freeport Parkway.

This will be the City of Coppell’s own community-wide Easter egg hunt and is already well-organized so that children are sure to have an enjoyable time.  Children up to the age of 10 are allowed to participate in the festivities.  During the event, children will be separated by age into separate fields for the large egg hunt.

While children must supply their own baskets, the city will be supplying the prizes and with an incredible number of more than 20,000 eggs filled with candy to hunt for, kids will definitely have something to bring home from the event.

Due to the enormous size of the event, sections of Freeport Parkway will be closed for the safety of the children, so make sure to enter the event at the Wagon Wheel Tennis Center which is located at off of Royal Lane and Creekview Drive.

You can learn more about this event and be kept up-to-date on whether the event will be occurring in case of weather conditions at the city’s website as well as by following the City of Coppell on Facebook and Twitter or by calling the C-link at the number 972-304-3542.