Animal Planet’s Jeff Corwin hosts lecture at UT Arlington

Nikki Dabney

Emmy winner Jeff Corwin has been working to promote the conservation of endangered species and ecosystems around the world for nearly three decades, but he is best known as the host of the Animal Planet show The Jeff Corwin Experience.

For his conservation efforts, he was named ambassador of climate change and endangered species on behalf of Defenders of Wildlife, a prominent conservation organization.

On March 27 at 7:30 p.m. Corwin will be speaking at the College Park Center at UT Arlington.

An audience Q&A and book-signing will follow the lecture. Corwin’s well-reviewed book, 100 Heartbeats: The Race to Save Earth’s Most Endangered Species, takes readers on a gripping journey around the world to meet the animals threatened by extinction.

CHS AP Environmental Science students are required to participate in two events in the community regarding environmental awareness and Corwin’s lecture is among the list of options.

Tickets must be purchased prior to the event, but they are free and open to the public.