“Felony Lane Gang” strikes Coppell

By Jordan Bickham

The Coppell Police Department was busy this past weekend with a group of thieves known nationally as the “Felony Lane Gang.”  The group, who originated in Florida, is known for renting cars, going into parking lots and breaking into empty cars as they  look for credit cards, purses or anything else of value.  You can learn more about the group here.

Coppell Police realized the gang was hitting up Coppell when a burglary was called in around five o’clock Sunday afternoon at the Coppell Aquatic Center.  According witnesses, multiple suspects drove into the Aquatic Center’s parking lot in a rental car.  They then searched through the parking lot, looking into parked cars until they found what they wanted.  The suspects proceeded to break into the car, removed the purse filled with valuables and fled the scene.

The group is known for focusing their activities in public areas such as day care centers, gyms and public parks due to the large concentrations of people that show up at these locations.  While the suspects have not been caught, Coppell Police recommend that citizens should not leave their valuables in their vehicles period rather than simply hiding valuables.  You can learn more about the gang, the event and how to protect your belongings on the Coppell website.