• Board of Trustees meeting 6 p.m. Monday
  • Coppell City Council meeting 5:30 p.m. Tuesday
  • CHS Red Out pep rally 8:55 a.m. Friday

Hot Takes: Fenty Beauty vs. Rare Beauty
Hot Takes: Fenty Beauty vs. Rare Beauty
May 1, 2023
Inspired by her grandmother, Coppell artist Amy Suttle sculpted her piece, “Marguerite,” which was displayed in her home art studio. Suttle has been taking art classes since 2009 and her primary medium is clay.
Keeping up with Coppell: Amy Suttle (Video)
April 5, 2023

Long-time Coppell pastor announces retirement

By Thomas Hair
Opinions Editor

After almost a decade at the First United Methodist Church of Coppell, community icon Rev. Dennis Wilkinson will be retiring this summer. Since 2004, Wilkinson has served as head pastor of one of the largest churches in the area. He has been a pastor in the North Texas area since 1980. His 33-year career as a church pastor will come to an end on July 1, the date that he has announced he will officially resign.

Before arriving in Coppell, Wilkinson was a pastor at Floral Heights United Methodist Church in Wichita Falls. Prior to beginning his career in ministry, Wilkinson served in the Air Force. Now that his long and fruitful career in ministry has reached its conclusion, Wilkinson has expressed his desire to spend more time with family and use his passion for his religion in new ways.

Wilkinson’s presence will be missed on the stage at FMUC Coppell. The beloved pastor has been instrumental in helping the Coppell community overcome many tragedies in recent years. A close friend of Jayne Peters, Wilkinson was a major source of consolation and explanation after the Mayor’s murder-suicide.