Black Box Theater production stretches students’ skills

By Nikki Dabney

The Coppell High School Black Box Theater is a hidden stage for Coppell’s best thespians. The theater hosts several smaller plays throughout the school year that offer a more informal and interactive environment.

The next production, The Dining Room, will be performed Feb. 14, 15, 16 and 19. All performances start at 7:30 p.m. and are in the Blackbox Theater, located across from the band room in H Hall.

Tickets will be sold at the door or in The Commons during lunch. Tickets are $5 for students and $7 for adults.

This show is unique because it is an ensemble, with each actor playing between six and eight different roles, including at least one child and one elderly person. The cast includes:

Paige Albright
Claire Policce
Mallory Osigian
Sheridan Miller
Jack Sullivan
Aaron Kennard
Josh Martin
Roberto Williams

“It’s been a really difficult, but fun learning experience because you have so many characters you need to make different and unique and appropriate for their age,” cast member Paige Albright said. “It’s an interesting play with a lot of humor, but also a lot of drama and I just love being a part of it. Plus, when else can you play a five year-old, followed by an old maid, followed by a young mother having an affair all in one show?”

For more information about the Coppell High School Blackbox Theater and other drama performances, visit http://www.coppellhstheatre.com.