Annual battle of genders pep rally

By Mabry Culp

The highly debated, very controversial question: Which gender is better? A lot of methods are used to test this theory in many ways, between sports competitions and intellectual debates, but Coppell High School answers that question with a pep rally every year.

Pep rallies are an iconic part of the high school experience, they promote school community and awareness of all the different sports and events around the school. They provide a time for choir and theater to showcase their talents with the National Anthem and various skits, and the sports teams to strut their stuff and gain support from their peers for upcoming games. School authorities get their chance to try (with a varying success rate) to make the students laugh.

These events are also a privilege to older students, as freshman are usually not allowed to go due to space constraints.

Friday, Feb. 8, will answer the question of which gender is better through chants, randomly selected participants in athletic events, and who can be louder. The girls are placed on the right side of the large gym, and the boys on the left to help group the students. Cheerleaders are assigned to one of the genders to help rally the students.

Girls are asked to wear pink and boys blue, then the competition starts. The winning gender wins the special prize of pride and bragging rights to their losing opponents.

So who will walk away with the prideful prize this year?