Hockey team hosts community open skate

By Amanda Peck

Have you ever wanted to skate with the Coppell Hockey players? Well, on Monday, Nov. 23, anybody who is interested will get the chance to join the players on the ice.

The “Skate with the Cowboys “event will take place at the Farmers Branch Dr. Pepper Center from 11am- 1pm on the Monday during Thanksgiving Break. For only a three dollar skate rental, all Coppell residents are able to meet the coaches and players, eat lunch with the team, and play fun games and activities with everyone.

“I am excited for the “Skate with the Cowboys” event,” senior Co. Captain Brandon Harley said. “I have heard of a lot of people coming so it should be really fun.”

Adults and Children of any age are welcome to the event. You can bring your own skates or rent them for three dollars.

“You don’t have to know how to skate really well to come to the event,” senior Captain Charlie Busch said. “It will just be laid-back and a fun time for us to meet people who live in Coppell that support Coppell Hockey, and for everybody to meet our team and coaches. There will be a lot of fun races and games that we will be playing too. ”

For further questions contact the Coppell High School Hockey Association by email at [email protected] or visit the Coppell High School Hockey website. Come out and support the CHS hockey team and have some fun at the “Skate with the Cowboys” event!