The Edge concert appeals to variety of music fans

By Jordan Bickham

Living in Coppell, students have easy access to entertainment located in the heart of Dallas.  While there seems to be little things to do in Coppell, Dallas has a wide variety of activities and events.  One of Dallas’ more popular events are its concerts, which are abundant with the many concert areas located within and around the city.

With large venues such as The House of Blues, The Gexa Energy Pavillion, and The Verizon Center, its difficult for any band to miss visiting Dallas on their tour; which is why there are usually concerts that attract to everyone.

More recently, a concert that has become popular is “How the Edge Stole Christmas” which takes place at the Verizon Center this Friday.  The concert is similar to Edgefest, a huge concert event that usually takes place in the spring and is hosted by the radio station 102.1 The Edge.

This concert features a variety of popular bands such as Passion Pit, Metric, Fun., GroupLove, IAMDYNAMITE, Silversun Pickups and The Joy Formidable.  You can listen to various songs by the different groups and see their performance times at The Edge’s website.

Although the concert is sold out, you can still check out many other bands that are headed to Dallas such as KeaneImagine Dragons and many more.