Process to find new Chamber President begins

By Thomas Hair
Opinions Editor

President of the Coppell Chamber of Commerce, Tony Moline, surprisingly announced his resignation earlier this month in order to take up a position for the Cedar Park Chamber of Commerce. The City has already initiated the search for Moline’s replacement, emphasizing that someone with roots or residence in the Coppell area is preferred.

Moline was highly successful as Chamber President, earning state-wide recognition by being inducted into the Texas Chamber of Commerce Executives (TCCE). The City hosted a farewell party for him at Hard Eight Barbecue last week. A beloved and diligent leader such as Moline will be difficult to fully replacement, but a search committee of six board members has already begun that process.

The search committee will continue to accept applications for the position until Friday, November 30. It is expected that applicants should have knowledge of staff management and labor law and have at least three years of experience in a senior management position. Chamber director of programs Lori Young is filling in as President until a new one is appointed.

Leading the search process is chamber chair-elect Cliff Long. According to Long, the search committee has already received multiple applications from both men and women. This is in part due to a strong advertising campaign in the local community. After the search committee selects their top choice candidate, the rest of the chamber will adjourn and vote whether or not the chosen candidate will officially take office as President.

The newly elected President of the Coppell Chamber of Commerce will be responsible for representing the chamber at community meetings and heading up the Coppell Community Development Foundation in addition to duties within the Chamber of Commerce.