CHS drumline starts off year with Plano competition

By Jordan Bickham

The marching band is always busy with competitions, games and more, but the drumline is even busier with their first competition coming up this Saturday.

This weekend, the CHS drumline is taking on various drumlines from all across the state at the 21st annual Plano Drumline Competition.  The competition begins at 9:00 a.m. at Clark Stadium in Plano and includes some of the best high school drumlines in the state.  There is also a wide variety of categories for drumlines to participate in, which you can learn more about at the Plano’s Percussions website.

Our award-winning drumline has performed in this competition before, so this is not new.  But with new leadership and a new show, it will still be a different experience.

Coppell’s drumline is performing at 9:30 a.m. and will be playing the marching band show music, which is about ten minutes long.  Even though they perform early on, the results will not be presented until that night at the end of the competition.  The tickets are only $5 for adults and can be bought at the gate.

So come out and support Coppell’s drumline!