Annual Taylor’s Gift Golf Tournament held tomorrow

By Caroline Carter

Once again, the Taylor’s Gift Foundation is holding its annual golf tournament. This year will mark the third time for the golf tournament, and it is sure to be as exciting as the past two.

Held at the Brookhaven Country Club in Farmer’s Branch, the Taylor’s Gift Golf Tournament is one of the many ways that the organization raises money to help spread organ donor awareness. After Taylor Storch lost her life in a skiing accident in 2010, her parents established the organization to “Regift Life, Renew Health and Restore Families.”

The tournament begins at 12:30 p.m. with registration and warm up at 11:00 a.m. An awards ceremony will be held following the tournament with Bob Strum of SportsRadio 1310 The Ticket as the host.

Although the tournament is already sold out, there will be many Coppell community members serving as volunteers to help the event run smoothly.

Other upcoming events benifiting Taylor’s Gift include a reception in New York City honoring Taylor’s Gift Foundation on Oct. 25 and the Chi Omega Christmas Market on Nov. 14.