Coppell police adopts new technology for safety

By Jordan Bickham

Even though the living in the city of Coppell feels like living in a bubble, incidents occur.  Recently, the Coppell Police Department decided to use a new software package (Tip411) by CitizenObserver in order to share information more easily and quickly with Coppell’s citizens.  This new technology helps keep the community informed through either text messages, e-mails, as well as public safety alerts that are published on the internet.  People are able to receive public safety alerts at no cost when they sign.  This also allows citizens to report incidents and activity annonymously.

You can sign up at the Coppell Police Departments’ webpage by clicking on the police badge that is directly above the “Sign Up for Crime Bulletins.”  By signing up, you are able to get alerts from the police department through text message or e-mail.  Not only can you sign up to receive alerts about Coppell, but you can also opt to receive citywide alerts as well as surrounding city alerts that are available through the CitizenObserver.

While subscribing for the CitizenObserver helps you stay in the know about Coppell’s crime scene, you can still receive crime bulletins without subscribing.  These alerts are also sent to the Coppell Police Department’s Twitter account, Facebook account and is also published on the department’s webpage.

One of the most unique components of this new system is the ability for citizens to be able to submit anonymous tips to the police and detective are able to respond and communicate back through that system the anonymous person sent the tip through originally.  These tips can be sent through the “Submit a Tip” link on the department’s webpage and Facebook as well as through a text message to “847411” with the keyword “COPPELL” in the message.

With this new technology and the communication between the police department and the public, Coppell will surely remain a safe community.

1