summer bucket list 2012

by Jordan Thompson

1. Learn how to ride a unicycle.
I’ve never actually tried riding a unicycle, but it’s on my list for this summer! I’m sure it’s extremely difficult and you will probably get no where with this, but I’m sure you’ll get a good laugh. Get a few of your best friends and take turns trying to ride it. You’ll all epically fail so it’s guaranteed to make some funny memories.

2. Go camping in your backyard.
Pitch the tent, have a bonfire, and make some memories. Get a small group of friends and just enjoy the great outdoors with the luxury of going right inside whenever you need to. You’ll have gun struggling with your friends to set up the tent and start the fire and it’s nice for you and your friends to have the privacy you want and the whole yard to yourself. So roast some marshmallows, stay up late, and have a good time!

3. Play paintball!
I’ve never played paintball before, and I’ve always really wanted to! So summer would be a great time to do it. Get a group of friends and go have a paintball war. This is just an idea, but if you’ve already played before, come up with another new thing to try!

4. Have a picnic.
Pack an elaborate lunch, go to your favorite park, and just enjoy a nice day out with some friends. This isn’t the craziest and most fun idea out there, but it’s just a sincere and nice time with your friends.

5. Have a food fight.
Get some of the messiest foods you can think of, go in your backyard or any other area you wouldn’t mind trashing, and have a food fight! This is always something I’ve wanted to do but have never found the time or courage to. Just get a bunch of friends who don’t mind getting filthy and chuck random food at each other. Seems like a good time, right?

6. Say ‘YES’ to everything for a day.
Well, you can’t possibly say ‘yes’ to EVERYTHING for a day, but try your best! It’s pretty much a repeat of the movie “Yes Man”, where the main character says ‘yes’ to everything he is asked, and eventually is changed for the better. Spend the day with your best friend and the both of you will do it together, guaranteeing a day full of laughs, awkward moments, and unexpected experiences!

7. Pay for something in all pennies.
It doesn’t have to be pennies, but round up all the change you have at home and go to the dollar store or any store you want and pay for it in only change! You’ll be the casheir’s worst nightmare but it will be hilarious watching them count out all the money and even more funny watching all the people behind you in line have to wait for you to complete your purchase. You’ll get yourselves tons of dirty looks but it’s worth it!

8. Go to Denny’s at 1am.
On a night when you’re super bored, find someone to drive you and your friends to a Denny’s and order some yummy breakfast food. It’s an excuse to go out and you’ll be sure to observe some interesting people while you’re there!

9. Get a volleyball game going at Target.
Grab one of the big bouncy balls, split into teams, and use any shelf or barrier as the net. Start hitting the ball back and forth and just keep going until you get kicked out of the store.

10. Eat an entire tub of icecream.
Mmmm, icecream! Honestly, I could probably eat an entire tub of ice cream if I wanted to, I’d just never tried. You’ll probably gain 20 pounds and have a terrible stomach ache after but it’s always fun to splurge. And hey, if you put it on your list, you HAVE to do it and cross it off!