Finalizing senior year

By Kara Adkins
Online Copy Editor

When I woke up this morning, I realized this week wasn’t quite like every other week I have had of high school. Yes, it is the last week of my year, but more importantly it’s the last week of my high school career.

Excluding finals which are Friday and next Monday and Tuesday, this Thursday, May 24, marks the last day for hundreds of seniors. They can finally pile into the school parking lot, and confidently know that it will be the last day they will ever waste sitting in miles of school traffic.

Although, it is bittersweet for most seniors, there is still fun ahead before the final goodbyes are said. This Tuesday is senior awards and senior skip day where many seniors will test their courage and go to Six Flags across Texas spending the day scarfing down funnel cakes and seeing great heights on rides like The Titan and Texas Giant.

With this week being so hectic, so nostalgic, and so monumental for the senior class, its time for them to walk that stage, move their tassels, and know they are well prepared for the next big adventure in life.