Coppell looks to harvest Farmers

By Andy Tabor

The Coppell Cowboys look to stay in second place in district tonight against the Lewisville Fighting Farmers.  This is a must win for the Cowboys, who could clinch a playoff spot in the tough and parity filled district 6-5A.

Lewisville comes limping in at 0-3 in district play and 2-6 overall.  Coppell comes into the game 7-1 and 2-1 in district with their only loss being at Southlake Carroll.

This game should be a high scoring affair for the Cowboys, given that the Lewisville defense has given up at least 50 points in every district game while the Cowboys rattled off an impressive 42 points against a tough Flower Mound Marcus squad.

This will also be an emotional night for the Cowboys, considering it is the final time seniors will be playing at Buddy Echol’s field.  With emotions running high, expect Coppell to come out firing on all cylinders on offense, and bring the big hits on defense.

Overall, it should be an entertaining contest for the Cowboys and Farmers.  The game starts at 7:30 and expect longer than normal half-time ceremonies. Pre-game ceremonies for seniors should start around 7:00.