Silver Spur applications now available

By Sarah Police

At Coppell High School, there are several things one can get involved in to show school pride and recognition. Because of this it is common throughout the hallways of CHS to see a medley of ‘I Rock CHS’ shirts and eager students juniors are always talking about red jacket applications towards the end of the year.

It is a distinguished honor to wear one of the shirts or to represent the school as a red jacket during activities such the Health Expo and Senior Parent Night. While red jackets and I Rock CHS shirts physically display school pride, the Silver Spurs are commonly known for their contagious school spirit.

At pep rallies throughout the year, you always see the Silver Spurs dressed in their red button down shirts and cowboy hats, always getting the crowd riled up. Now is the time for sophomore and junior boys to apply to be a Silver Spur for the 2012-2013 school year.

Tryouts will be held this Wednesday, May 16. To get an application see assistant principal Sean Bagley in his office at student services to pick up recommendation forms.