Guerry to lead cyber-crime seminar at CMSW

By Jordan Bickham

Coppell citizens now have the opportunity to see the award-winning live event that explains various methods of reducing the risk of becoming a victim of cyber-crimes such as cyber or digital bullying.  This Thursday, May 10th, from 6:30 to 9:00 pm, the seminar, Public and Permanent: How You Can Prevent Digital Dilemmas, is coming to Coppell Middle School West’s auditorium to bring a greater awareness to the negative and irresponsible digital trends and behaviors that are quickly becoming popular.  This will go beyond the commonly known cyber issues such as sexting, cyberbullying and sextortion and introduce the audience to new issues at hand.

The seminar is led by Richard Guerry, the founder of the Institute for Responsible Online and Cell-Phone Communication, IROC2, and the author of Public and Permanent: The Golden Rule of the 21st Century.  He has been a featured speaker at many national conferences such as the National Congerence on Child Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Prevention.  Guerry has also been a featured expert on CNN and MTV’s Thin Line Campaign as well as on various international and local publications such as Parade Magazine.  You can learn more Guerry at his IROC2 profile page.

Learn how to protect yourself from the terrors of the digital age and listen in on Public and Permanent: How You Can Prevent Digital Dilemmas.