What to do on Halloween

by Ashley Attanucci

It’s time again to celebrate America’s scary-sweet night time holiday. Fun dress-up, pumpkin carving and sugary chocolates and candies are only a few trademarks of this late October festivity. Yes, Cowboys and Cowgirls, Halloween is right around the corner!

This year there are plenty of options to choose from to plan your Saturday day and night.

First and foremost comes trick-or-treating. Although as high schoolers we may feel that we’re too old for this fun-loving experience -knocking on doors of nieghbors, unrecognizable from head to toe and repeating the nostalgic 3-word jingle- we’re really not (or atleast I like to think so)! Anyways, just remember than in a couple years you will be too old to trick-or-treat.

If you do, of course as we all (secretly) do, want to trick-or-treat but feel too old to, trick-or-treat for a cause like UNICEF instead of candy. Trick-or-treating for UNICEF serves as the perfect compromise, letting you run recklessly from home to home but adding a slightly more mature aspect to the tradition.

If you’re not a fan of candy or ghosts and ghouls, stay in for the World Series. Watch the Yankees and Phillies battle it out on Fox for game 3 of the MLB Championship.

Or, pass out candy.

Find a Halloween party to go to. Whether it be a neighborhood party, Avatar costume party or a club party like that for your extra- or co-curricular  activity, hanging out with a group of friends is always fun.

Visit a haunted house. Try one of three haunted houses at Dallas Scare Grounds in Irving for a true scare. Have 9 of your friends to join you and get a group rate discount, or visit Creative Cuts for coupons. Regular prices this weekend range for $20 to $25, and they’re open from 7:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.

Enjoy Coppell High School’s “Anything Goes” for the musical’s opening night Saturday 7:30 p.m. in the auditorium. You can buy tickets at lunch today ($10 for students and $12 for adults) or get ’em at the door.

Lastly, watch a scary movie at the theater, like Saw VI, released October 23 this year.

Have a Happy Halloween!