Multiple new donation opportunities installed at Horseshoe

By Thomas Hair
Online Copy Editor

The home stretch of the school year is finally upon us, and it seems the pace of CHS has been cranked up several notches. Most scurry by the Horseshoe several times per day, but few ever stop to examine the many new donation opportunities there this week.

The 10th Annual Coppell Relay for Life is fast approaching and Coppell High School students can begin pitching in by dropping off old or unwanted electronics in the new donation box at the horseshoe. Devices such as cell phones, ink cartridges, mp3 players, gps devices, digital cameras and laptops are acceptable, as well as most other electronics. This donation box will be available until April 28th. Everybody has extra electronics lying around, and this is an opportunity to clear out some space while simultaneously fighting landfill pollution!

April is also CISD phone book recycling month. There is a box by the horseshoe that will be accepting donated phone books for the remainder of April. Please support these two Earth-friendly causes and visit the horseshoe sometime in April.