AP review heats up

By Madison Ford

Entertainment Editor

With approximately one month left until AP testing begins on May 7, students are beginning to turn their focus toward preparing for these crucial exams. AP examinations can be extremely beneficial for students, for a good score not only appears impressive on a college application, but some universities even accept passing scores as a method of exempting students from select courses. In the long run, this could save a student thousands on his or her tuition.

There are numerous methods to prepare for these tests. Many opt for utilizing study books designed specifically for AP exams. ACDEC is well known for their Barron’s review book fund raiser that allows students to order such guides. In addition to his avenue of studying, students can attend AP review sessions that their teachers host. Many teachers are exceedingly accommodating in this area, offering tutoring times both during and after school.

However, there is always the classic way to study, which is to look over notes one may have taking during the course of their AP class.

A unique aspect of AP testing at Coppell High School is that every grade level is privy to the stress of AP testing. With AP courses offered throughout all four years, students taking these exams in May will span from freshman to seniors.

As the calender approaches May, Coppell is sure to see an increase in AP studying, whether in the halls or at a local coffee shop. However, CHS prides itself on its thorough preparation for these exams, and this year will likely continue in the tradition of impressive scores for the student body.