Mother’s diet plan for 7 year old daughter gone too far

By Lauren VerDuin

Take a look at Vogue‘s upcoming April issue and you will see what looks like a poised, responsible, loving mother and her innocent, sweet little girl. But behind their smiles is a story sure to leave any reader in disgust.

Dara-Lynn Weiss’ daughter Bea, 7 years old and 4′ 4” 93 pounds, was told by a pediatrician that she was clinically obese and at risk of many health problems. Weiss’ response to this diagnosis is causing controversy all across the Web. After the suggestion was made by her daughter’s pediatrician, Weiss forced her child to eat low-calorie substitutes such as veggie soup and occasionally even deprived her child of dinner if she are more than instructed during the day.

Sadly, many times Weiss kept her child from treating herself to things such as coffee cake, but then would indulge herself. In the end, Bea lost 16 pounds, a goal not made for her well being, but by her mother for their Vogue shoot for April.

The stupidity and lack of maturity and responsibility Weiss showcased is enough to make someone want to slap that mother. Not only is your child 7 years old, but depriving her of dinner because she ate a little too much on Heritage Day at school? That’s where you cross the line.