City sponsors Casino Night to raise playground funds

By Kristen Shepard

As the fundraising for the Kid Country playground renovation begins, the City of Coppell has spearheaded a Casino Night to get a head start on saving.

This Saturday, March 24, a night of fun and games will begin at the Coppell Senior Center. Casino style games and other activities will take place to those who purchased tickets. Tickets are $40 and all profits go towards the Kid Country 2012 project. The tickets can be purchased online at www.kidcountry2012.com.

The project was started by the Coppell Kid Country Committee who is working to rebuild and renovate Coppell’s playground. Over the next few months, the committee will be hard at work for numerous tasks relating to the project. They are currently enlisting volunteers and accepting donations for food and money to supply the needs for the project.

The park was originally built in 1992 and holds a special place in the hearts of Coppell Residents. However, a renovation is long overdue and the park will benefit from the so called face-lift.