NHS Application Process nears end

By Kristen Shepard

Starting Feb 6, sophomores with a minimum GPA of 4.8 were given the opportunity to apply for one of the most prestigious and largest organizations at Coppell High School: National Honor Society.
Other than the grade point average pre-requisite, students must have volunteered and demonstrate merit and excellence in their application packet. The packet includes four major components. In order for the application to be considered, a teacher/coach recommendation, outside of CISD recommendation, the student resume and the cover letter must be complete.
For students that took initiative and were proactive in completing this application, this should not be a problem. However, for students that waited to the last minute, obtaining recommendations and drafting an essay will be more difficult.
The National Honor Society is a nation-wide organization that celebrates stand-out students in high schools in America. Also, the National Honor Society encourages leadership and community service, with an overall goal of producing mature and involved students. At CHS, NHS is sponsored by Kevin Casey. All completed applications must be turned in to Mr. Casey in B217 in a manilla envelope by 4 p.m. Friday.
Students accepted into NHS will be “tapped” or notified, by the Friday after Spring Break.