WorldQuest try outs begin competition season for JWAC

Similar to many clubs and student organizations across the campus of CHS, feelings of excitement and anticipation run high amongst the members of JWAC. With a recent guest speaker and several club meetings, JWAC has undergone several exctiting events and looks forward to many more in the near future.

With WorldQuest try outs just around the corner, returning and new members alike have begun preparing for the event.

After reading up on the competition, I was a little intimidated by how much students must know. Competitors must be well learned in areas of international affairs, geography, culture and history. Although this proves to be a very daunting task, I am proud of fellow students for tackling this difficult challenge.

While try outs consist of one test, members must complete and score well on the exam to become a WorldQuest participant. Although students who have taken part in past WorldQuests already qualify for this year’s competition, there is still much work to be done.  

Since the establishment of a new rule in 2007, JWAC’s team must win a local competition within the Dallas area before moving on to compete at the national level. 

With try outs taking place early next week, CHS students get ready to prove their knowledge in hopes of becoming a part of this year’s WorldQuest.