AcDec students visit Amon Carter museum for further knowledge

by Divya Kumar
News Editor

This Thursday, October 22, the Academic Decathalon team at Coppell High School visited the Amon Carter museum in downtown Fort Worth. 

This year’s topic for the AcDec team is the French Revolution. The students must study different aspects of the time period for France, ranging from things such as mathematics to music. One of the topics that must be covered is artwork, hence the reason for the trip to the museum.

Every year, the students travel to the Amon Carter museum to see the live representation of the artwork that they have been studying in class. A presentation is set up specially for the AcDec students in order for them to get a better understanding of what they are learning.

“We do this field trip every year, and it’s so much fun,” junior AcDec student Srishti Goel said. “Not only do we get to see all these things in a different environment than the classroom, the whole experience of going out is something to remember.”

To learn more about the Amon Carter museum, visit their website www.cartermuseum.org.

1