• Coppell ISD is closed for spring break. Coppell Student Media publishing resumes March 18.

8th grade shadow days

By Chase Porter

Today, February 7th marks the first of the three day long 8th grade shadow days.

For the next couple of days all three middle schools will be visiting the high school for a tour around the school. Not only will they get a complete tour, the middle school students will also get a chance to visit some of the elective and academy classes on the visit. Red Jackets and Ready. Set. Teach! members will be conducting the tours throughout the day in two sessions, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. The seniors will also have a Q and A session at the conclusion of the tour because we all know the 8th graders will have questions.

Not only is this a great opportunity for the 8th graders to be able to see the high school first hand on a normal operating school day, this is also a unique experience for seniors leading the tours. As a Red Jacket I will be leading a tour of West 8th graders tomorrow afternoon and I took a chance to reflect on what my biggest questions were when I was on this very tour back five years ago.

These are just a few of the questions I came up with that I thought I might have to answer. Will I survive the landing when getting thrown off the senior bridge? Does anyone have a map of this enormous school? Why are these large humans you call seniors looking at me like I’m fresh meat in a lions den?

Dont worry 8th graders, all of these questions and more will be answered at the conclusion of the tour but as of tomorrow, stay close behind me because I don’t you getting trampled.