New school store drink called Iso water

by Ashley Attanucci

The school store is offering many new drinks this year, one of the most unusual being Iso water from Nestlē. It’s compact, sugar-free and a drink I have never seen before. Only $0.75, it’s a shock that I, a bargain hunter, had never bought the beverage.

School store lead clerk Diane Johnston said that this new drink was introduced into the cafeteria as an alternative to water under a buck.

Most students I asked said that although they have never heard of the drink, they would be willing to try it for a first time for only 75 cents.

“For 75 cents, it looks like a great buy,” said Senior athlete Oke Bamgbose.
Junior Katie Perdue, junior officer of Larriettes, said that although she likes the drink, she would rather pay 50 cents more for Propel, a beverage she is more familiar with. Similar to Propel, which has 10 calories, Iso water has 0 calories.

Despite the positive feedback from prospective buyers of Iso water, I could find nobody drinking the beverage during A lunch hour. And as I sat outside the school store tallying students’ beverage purchases, zero students walked out with the Iso water. 9 students, the majority, bought Ozarka water, 6 bought Gatorade, 3 Propel, and 6 with other drinks (out of 24 surveyed in 7-minute period).

Freshman Jaye Ballard said that he would never buy or drink Iso water.

“It’s terrible for you. Isotonic means its neither hydrating nor dehydrating,” said Ballard, a fact he learned from science class.

I did end up buying an Iso water for myself, and I liked it.

For under a dollar, why not buy Iso water and test it out for yourself.

To check out other drinks from Nestlē, click here.