EMAC Academy brings the Thanksgiving spirit, fellowship

By Kristen Shepard

While many students will be enjoying every last minute of sleep, this Thursday the EMAC Academy will be coming in at 7:30 a.m. to enjoy a Thanksgiving breakfast. Even thought the three Coppell academies have been combined, teachers and officers are making the effort to keep the bond between the EMAC students strong.

Mrs. Kennedy, the EMAC head and KCBY sponsor, will be hosting the breakfast in her room A108. Kennedy is one of the many academy elective and core teachers who work hard to provide the best career preparation available to high school students.

During this breakfast, the academy student will be enjoying French toast sticks along with other breakfast items and discussing upcoming events. One of the strongest points of the academy program is that students have a say in the way events unfold. Students, as officers or members, can suggest events or field trips and play very important roles in planning social events. Even though it is relatively early in the year, the officer team is hard at work.

Upcoming events a summer trip to Costa Rica, a secret santa exchange, and several field trips. For more information on the Academies, you can visit their news site.