Winners announced in nail-biting charity competition

by Kristen Shepard

Over the last six weeks, Taylor’s Gift foundation has been rallying for votes and support in a competition with over $100,000 at stake.

Local charity Taylor’s Gift was privileged to be one of six organizations invited for a chance to win $150,000 in media and commercial support. Of the six charities, the one to win the most votes  will receive the money.

The race was intense to say the least, with Taylor’s Gift and Cure Duchenne neck-and-neck for the last week of the competition. At one point, the top two spots, Taylor’s Gift and Cure Duchenne, were only thirty-two votes apart.

Dozens of people posted links to the poll and sent personal messages to their friends via Facebook. This type of interaction was exactly what Cadillac wanted, as they named the competition “Vote, Share, Act” and hoped to increase knowledge and support of these non-profit organizations.

Voting ended at midnight on Oct. 30, and the results were announced at 9:00 this morning. Though the race was close, Cure Duchenne snatched the victory. Because the races were so close, however, Cadillac split the money between the top two charities, Taylor’s Gift and Cure Duchenne.

The other organizations, which included Special Olympics Texas and the YMCA did not show as well in the competition, but word was spread and the goals set by Cadillac were definitely exceeded.