• Coppell ISD is closed for spring break. Coppell Student Media publishing resumes March 18.

Today’s Red Ribbon theme: ugly sweaters

By Seth Slover

Red Ribbon Week has become a staple at Coppell High School every October.  With the purpose of eliminating drug use, Coppell has incorporated some fun “dress-up” days for the week.  Today’s theme is Ugly Sweater Day.

Many students are sporting what many would refer to as ugly, indeed.  Many students can be seen wearing humorous sweaters throughout the day.  Junior Stephen Wheatcroft is one student wearing an ugly sweater.

“I really like my old, yellow, disgusting sweater that I’m wearing.  It’s fun to see what everyone is wearing, and it’s for a great cause,” Wheatcroft said.

Even if you didn’t participate today (or if you’re like me, you simply couldn’t find an ugly sweater in your closet), it’s not too late to dress up for the rest of the week’s theme days.  The upcoming days’ themes include: “Keep your future bright: Wear neon!” (Wednesday), “Team up against drugs!  Wear a jersey from your favorite sports team” (Thursday), and “Spirit day!  Wear red” (Friday).

With all the planning that has gone into it, along with the significance of the event, everyone is encouraged to participate in the rest of Red Ribbon Week.