Hometown Hero race heats up

By Christina Burke

There are only four days left to vote for the second annual Hometown Hero, brought to you by the Public Service Academy at CHS. The Hometown Hero project is put together by high school students, and is set up to honor very special people in our town. Like last year, the winner will be announced at the next home football game which will be on next Friday.

These are the nominees for this year:

Donna Cranston, the ‘mother of all soldiers’ who organizes greetings for soldiers at the DFW airport and takes care of them in times of need.

Eileen Higgins, who works with the Coppell Circle of Friends and Special Olympics.

Former CHS Principal and current assistant superintendent Brad Hunt, who has inspired us all to have a great high school experience.

Candy Sheehnan, former and first female mayor of Coppell, breast cancer survivor and Iron Man competitor.

Coppell Middle School East Principal Laura Springer  is nominated for the second year in a row due to her inspirational qualities to students and faculty.

All of the nominees have great passion for what they do, and have touched many lives along the way. If you would like to take part in the voting, click here.