Kids for Kids club kicks off new events

By Kristen Shepard

One of the more popular clubs at CHS, the Kids for Kids club is planning some exciting new events and service ideas this year. This morning the club met in its traditional location, Coach Rushing’s room in B Hall, to discuss the upcoming events. On the agenda currently are plans to support children at the White Rock Marathon.

Each year the White Rock Marathon attracts thousands of runners and joggers who are looking to compete in one of the nation’s most well known races. The race, which will take place on December 4th, expects to donate 1.2 million dollars to the cause. The Kids for Kids club will be signing up to support Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, a partner of White Rock Marathon.

Texas Scottish Rite is a local hospital with over ninety years of operation, and are well known for never charging families for their medical needs. This hospital embodies exactly what Kids for Kids wishes to support.

For more information on the project, and Kids For Kids club, be sure to attend their next meeting and even follow the club on twitter. The username is @K4KCoppell.