Avid volleyball fan banned from attendance

By Dyer Whitt

Last Tuesday, October 4th, the Coppell Cowgirls volleyball team battled Keller, dominating all three sets and pulling off a victory in front of their home crowd.

During the first set of the match, senior Parker Kopinski was reprimanded for stepping onto the court, and eventually thrown out of the game completely. His actions resulted in a ban from all the remaining volleyball games for the year and also this Friday’s football game against Fossil Ridge.
The “harsh punishment,” describes Kopinski, is sparking a discussion amongst the student body, who feel as if the consequence was not suitable for the actions.

Kopinski, who attends the majority of volleyball games and can be seen in the student section during all of the football games waving the CHS flag, defends his position stating, “it’s all done out of school spirit.”

Whether the punishment was justifiable or not, one thing is certain, CHS students are expected to show sportsmanship at any game or event and represent their school with pride.

1