Coppell Rolling Oaks Center celebrates Memorial Day

by Divya Kumar
News Editor

This Monday, May 30, Coppell will celebrate Memorial Day with more than just the closing of many public institutions; the Rolling Oaks Memorial Center is plan on honoring veterans of the military with small festivities at the center itself.

Beginning at 11:30 A.M., and lasting for roughly an hour, the Rolling Oaks Memorial Center welcomes any and all citizens of Coppell to come honor the veterans that fought at any point of their life and in any manner through the military. The Keynote Speaker at the event will be MSG J.W. “Jess” Johnson, who plans on speaking about his time in the military. Johnson’s speech is sure to encompass details of his impressive background history while in the military and the one-of-a-kind experiences he received.

For any citizens interested in this method of paying their respects to veterans on Memorial Day, this ceremony is open. Areas in the city that will be closed on this holiday are: City Offices, the Coppell Public Library, the Municipal Court, Animal Services and Coppell Senior and Community Center. The Rec Center and Wagon Wheel Tennis Center, however, will remain opened.