City makes plans to reconstruct the pavement on another intersection

Henna Khan
Business Manager

If  blocking one of the main intersections in Coppell last summer in order to reconstruct the pavement wasn’t enough, the city of Coppell has made official plans to hinder commute yet again, but this time on the intersection of Belt Line and Denton Tap Road.

This project will include the replacement of the intersection’s brick pavers with stamped concrete pavement.  Just in time for summer, the anticipated start date is on or around June 6.

Vehicles traveling southbound on Denton Tap seeking access to E. Belt Line will be detoured south, through the intersection and east, through a temporary traffic signal, on Sanders Loop up to E. Belt Line Road.  Vehicles traveling southbound on Denton Tap seeking access to Southwestern Blvd. will be able to turn west onto the old, one-way, section of Southwestern, just south of Dairy Queen.

Vehicles traveling northbound on S. Belt Line Road seeking access to E. Belt Line Road will be detoured at Sanders Loop and up to E. Belt Line Rd.  Vehicles traveling northbound on S. Belt Line Road, seeking access to Southwestern Blvd. will be detoured at Airline Drive.

Vehicles traveling westbound on E. Belt Line will be detoured south on Sanders Loop.  Vehicles traveling from the west seeking access to Denton Tap or S. Belt Line should use Bethel Road or Airline Drive.

Last summer, my commute to Northlake was a bit of a stretch due to the same sort of construction on Sandy Lake and Denton Tap, however, I found an alternate route going through Belt Line and Southwestern Boulevard. Looks like that route isn’t going to be an option this summer.

It truly is an inconvenience to have to change my route every summer, but given the fact that the construction is only for the safety of all drivers in this city, there isn’t much room to complain.

Once the road closure begins, the contractor will have 30 calendar days to re-create all lanes of traffic through the intersection.  Drivers will soon see message boards and signs along Denton Tap and Belt Line Roads informing the traveling public about the scheduled closure.

1