Coppell to partake in annual Earthfest celebration

Divya Kumar
News Editor

This Saturday, April 30, marks the celebration of Coppell’s annual Earthfest, a day in honor of environmental friendliness. Citizens of Coppell of all ages have the opportunity to gather at Town Center, beginning at 10 AM, to celebrate in a variety of different activities that facilitate and promote environmental awareness.

The activities designated at Town Center range from educational booths, to kids crafts, to live music, plant sales and much more. The event is free and purely for entertainment purposes, as well as to inform Coppell citizens as to how to be more environmentally-friendly. Coppell has participated in the Earthfest Celebration for many years, with much success in the past for turnout.

But beyond just the festivities that take place in Town Center, Earthfest spreads beyond to extend to help other parts of the city, as well. Many local Girl Scout and Boy Scout troops are assigned certain areas of the city to clean up in the morning; in addition to them, local citizens have the opportunity to volunteer to clean up a section of land as well. The Coppell High School Interact Club is partaking in the Clean Coppell portion of Earthfest this year, as well.

“We’re going to be cleaning up the area of land by Creme de la Creme, the field right behind it,” Interact Club Vice President Meera Patel said. “Most people don’t really look at that field and consider it an area that needs to be cleaned, but there’s so much trash that’s been thrown over from the school and the gas station next to it. Clean Coppell is really a day just to notice these little areas of Coppell that normally go by unseen, yet are in need of cleaning.”

For more information on the event, click here.