Cici’s pizza to expand their franchise reign

Mary Whitfill

Features Editor

Coppell-based CiCi’s Pizza, recently announce that it has signed agreements for the addition of 16 units over the next five years and hired Wingstop’s  Bruce Evans to lead franchise sales. CiCi’s new growth initiative is to add 500 restaurants in the next eight to 10 years with 16 the Houston and San Antonio areas.

The restaurants will be built by current franchisees Tommy and Tami Marlin and Guillermo Perales who already operate over 50 stores in both Texas and Maryland. Perales also individually manages over 200 stores with companies such as Burger King, Golden Corral, Denny’s and Popeye’s, and will begin opening the Houston based pizza chain this month.

CiCi’s pizza, now a national chain, began in Plano, Texas in 1985 and has since been named one of the countries top franchises and as ranked number one in its category in Entrepreneur Magazine’s 2011 Franchise 500. The family-oriented restaurant now has more than 600 restaurants in 35 states and is a rapidly growing entrepreneurship.

For more information about CiCi’s, visit CiCi’s Pizza or www.facebook.com/cicis