Lariette’s clears out the competition

Rebecca Neumann

Entertainment Editor

This weekend, the Coppell High School Lariettes performed at the annual Crowd Pleasers competition at Timber Creek High School in Keller.

The team received first place in jazz, kick and hip-hop and first runner up in pom. They also received choreography awards in jazz and pom. The Lariettes also were the first runners up for “Best In Class”, which is how teams are divided up into categories, and fourth place out of the entire competition.

The officers were the first runners up in the jazz and lyrical categories and 1st place in novelty dance, which was popular at the Showoffs last week. They were also given choreography awards in novelty and lyrical dance. The officers were apart of the winner’s circle which is reserved for the top ten officer groups. Sophomore Katie Kunkel made it into the junior solo finalists  for the top five freshman and sophomore soloists and senior Captain Katie Perdue made it into the senior solo finalists for the top six junior and senior soloists.

If you see any Lariettes this week, please congratulate them on their accomplishments and wish them luck at their upcoming competitions. For more information about the CHS Lariettes and their schedule, visit: www.chslariettes.com.