CHS students shed their Muggle clothing for Wizard robes in excitement for movie

by Divya Kumar
News Editor

As the release of the first-half of the seventh installment of the seventh Harry Potter movie, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, sneaks closer, excitement continues to rise among students across the high school. Students who have grown up with the novels that are anxiously waiting for the arrival of the midnight premiere have the ability to showcase their excitement a bit earlier with an official “Dress Up” day at the high school on Thursday, November 18.

Students are allowed to dress up like any character from the books and wear their costumes to school on Thursday, temporarily shedding their “Muggle”, or non-witch or wizard, clothing. They also have the ability to visit the Coppell High School library and enter their costumes into a raffle contest; the winner of this contest will be rewarded with a free ticket to the midnight showing of the movie at 12:02 AM.

For the many students who plan on dressing up to attend the midnight premiere at any of the local movie theaters, this day allows them an opportunity to show off their premiere outfits as well as submit to their excitement a few hours earlier.

“I know that since it’s the day before Harry Potter and the day before the day before Thanksgiving break, there’s already going to be a lot of excitement generating in the air,” senior Meera Patel said. “But I think it’s exciting that the school is reaching out to us and letting us at least release some of the excitement.”

1