Clever Halloween costumes

by Abby Drake
Staff writer

Halloween is this Sunday night, and it is time for everyone to find the perfect costume. There is an endless supply of ideas, and I have searched through the web and have compiled what I think are the most clever costumes of 2010.

To dress up as a highway dress in all black and add yellow dash marks up the center of your body to create the appearance of a road.  To add a three dimensional effect glue toys cars and road signs to your pants and shirt.

If you do not have time for an elaborate costumes try being a nudist on strike or “undecided”.  To be a nudist on strike simply wear normal clothing and attach a sign to yourself that states what you are, and to have an “undecided” costume wear plain colored shirt and tape paper question marks to it. These costumes are funny and clever, but will take no more than five minutes to make.

At every Halloween party there is always one person who dresses up as inanimate object.  If you want to be this person then you can dress as gum stuck under a table, by dressing in all pink and creating a cardboard table to wear on your head, or as a match, by wearing tan clothes and a red hat.

If you are more of a nature person then dressing up as a killer bee, a bee costume splattered with blood, or as a tornado, a gray shirt with strings attached to tiny houses and cars, would suit you.

There are endless costume ideas and each one is unique and clever, so go out and get the costume that will express you. Happy Halloween.