TSA engineers success at state competition

32 students qualify for nationals
Coppell Technology Student Association will attend the TSA National Conference on June 26-30 in Orlando, Fla. TSA members have dedicated their efforts and passion into developing technology and communication skills. Photo courtesy Grant Garner.

The Technology Students Association (TSA) State Conference was held last week in Fort Worth with 103 Coppell students competing. A total of 32 students qualified for the TSA National Conference, eight competitors were named state champions, and eight CHS9 teams placed in the top three for Unique to Texas Events.

The national competition is June 26-30 at the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort in Orlando, Fla.

“The experience was awesome,” Coppell TSA advisor Grant Garner said. “I am so impressed with these students as they put in tremendous effort into the program.”

Beyond competing, the TSA members participated in team building activities, leadership sessions and STEM development activities. 

“The conference really emphasized how TSA goes beyond just competitions,” senior TSA president Tanya Nikam said. “It’s about teamwork, personal development, networking, and so much more. There are so many opportunities for members to challenge themselves to become better communicators, contributors, and leaders, and TSA provides a platform for anyone to take initiative.”

The TSA team members obtained crucial insight through the conference, further developing their passion and skill in technology. 

“Everything about this conference was amazing,” senior TSA vice president Naisha Jain said. “It was really exciting seeing so many students from CHS9 compete and become finalists after we revitalized TSA at their campus this year. As a whole, this TSA conference was a great way to connect with students from across the state, sharpen technical and professional skills, and make tons of memories with chapter members.”

The state conference impacted the members as the experience provided new insight into their passion and career in technology. 

“The state conference was such an amazing experience,” senior TSA secretary Tanvi Nikam said. “The most exciting part was when we got to see all the projects from the other schools and it was really fascinating to see the creativity behind all the designs and the incredible projects people came up with.”

Throughout the conference, members worked together by providing feedback on interviews and presentations to better succeed in their event.

“While there were some stressful times with managing competitions, the overall experience was memorable and nostalgic,” Jain said. “I am extremely proud of the achievements of our CHS and CHS9 TSA students.”

Follow @katiegpark and @CHSCampusNews on Twitter