MTV dance contest

By Abby Drake

If you are an amateur dancer and want a chance to showcase your individual dance moves and talents, then you’re in luck. MTV holding a contest for amateur dancer to show off their individual talents and win outstanding prizes, money, and opportunities.

The contest is this Sunday October, 24 at Studio 22 (14902 Preston Road, Suite 400, Dallas &5254) from 2-3 P.M. Anyone from the ages 13-30 are welcomed and all forms of dance: lyrical, hip-hop, freestyle, and jazz, is encouraged.

Each contestant is expected to perform an original one minute, family-friendly routine to the music found on the official website in front of a panel of celebrity judges.

The individual with the most impressive dance moves will score $300 and 10 VIP tickets to an early screening of the new film Burlesque. Also the winner is qualified for the shot at winning $5,000 and a spot on MTV.

If you are interested and want to show the world your moves you can register at http://burlesque.mtv.com/ . Show everyone what you got CHS and good luck.