• On Tuesday, Coppell Arts Center hosts State of Education organized by the Coppell Chamber of Commerce from 8:30-10 a.m.
  • On Wednesday, Coppell Arts Center hosts May Paint & Sip: Hummingbird at 6 p.m.
  • On Saturday, Town Center Plaza hosts Celebrate Cozby Library from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.

Man gives away free money

It seems that people these days are skeptics of just about everything. No longer do we ever believe peoples reasons and we constantly have to challenge others behavior. When watching others we instantly designate a motive to their actions.  We have this mindset that it’s impossible for anybody to simply want to do something good for others.  

In Berlin, Germany on Thu Sep. 9, a newly retired man stood on the corner of “Cheerfulness Street” located in the town of Aschaffenburg handing out money to strangers. He wore a sign reading “I am not unemployed or homeless. I have a wife. I am well. That’s why I’d like to give you a euro.”

Of course others couldn’t believe this man’s generosity and assumed he must be running a scam, so they alerted police. After the man explained to police his reasoning behind giving away money, they were very surprised and left the man to continue giving away Euros.

Just to put my 2 cents in…or in this case Euros…people need to lighten up and start believing that this world isn’t all bad. Maybe we should start giving people the benefit of the doubt before judging upon our own views.