Parade to rally up homecoming spirit

With the rainy weather that has been lingering the last few days, fears about the continuation of the Homecoming Parade have been expressed. Today’s sunny weather, however, served as a firm assurance that the parade will continue on as planned.

As part of the annual tradition, the homecoming parade will travel down Parkway Boulevard, the road right in front of the school. During this, different CHS groups and clubs will each have their own “float” to advertise with. Students and fellow Coppell citizens have the ability to onlook the parade as floats pass out candy and information in celebration of Homecoming.

Club floats begin lining up at 5 P.M. in the parking lot of the Verizon Building, off of Canyon Road where the parade starts. Floats must be completed and decorated by 6 so they can be lined up and the parade can start at 6:15.

Some safety issues last year – regarding a student whose foot was run over and a peice of candy thrown that sliced open a nose – have caused new rules to be instated for this year. Students in the parade must either stay on their floats or stay walking (they cannot jump in and out), no running is allowed and candy must be passed out rather than thrown. To see all of the rules and regulations for the parade, click here.

The parade is set to start at 6:30 and will last for roughly an hour. All students and citizens of Coppell are invited to join for a night of homecoming spirit.