Choir to create winter wonderland at annual concert

Olivia Cooper

Coppell High School Respira Treble Show Choir freshman Rhea Chowdhary performs “Live in Living Color” from the movie “Catch Me If You Can” during the Respira on Broadway show in the CHS Auditorium on Nov. 5. The CHS choir program is performing its annual winter concert tomorrow at 7 p.m. in the auditorium.

Trisha Atluri, Executive Entertainment Editor

As the calendar flips to a new month, Coppellians look forward to a joyous and freeing season. In the holiday spirit, the Coppell High School choir program is holding its annual winter concert tomorrow in the CHS Auditorium at 7 p.m. 

The CHS choir makes live holiday music accessible to all with free seating given on a first come, first serve basis. Guests can find a seat at 6:45 p.m. when the house opens.

The choir has been preparing for the winter concert since its fall concert in October. Christmas playlist favorites such as “Carol of the Bells” and “Sleigh Ride” will make an appearance along with the annual performance of the three-movement “Gloria.”

“Our annual showcase of the set of ‘Gloria’ movements is what has always distinguished the winter concert,” CHS Madrigals senior Alyssa Bargas said. “The Christmas songs will give it a nice holiday cheer and [set a] festive mood.”

Follow Trisha (@trish_atluri) and @CHSCampusNews on Twitter.