Lariettes back for 31st annual spaghetti dinner

The+Coppell+High+School+Lariettes+perform+at+the+football+game+against+Sachse+High+School+at+Homer+B.+Johnson+Stadium+on+Friday+night.+After+being+replaced+with+an+online+raffle+and+auction+last+year+because+of+COVID-19%2C+the+31st+annual+Lariettes+Spaghetti+Dinner+will+be+held+in+the+CHS+Commons+tomorrow.+

Meer Mahfuz

The Coppell High School Lariettes perform at the football game against Sachse High School at Homer B. Johnson Stadium on Friday night. After being replaced with an online raffle and auction last year because of COVID-19, the 31st annual Lariettes Spaghetti Dinner will be held in the CHS Commons tomorrow.

Manasa Mohan, Advertising and Circulation Manager

The annual Lariettes Spaghetti Dinner is in the Coppell High School Commons tomorrow from 5 – 7 p.m. and will be catered by Highland Village’s Bistecca – An Italian Steakhouse. 

The online auction and raffle on the CHS Lariettes website runs through Sept. 10. 

“[The dinner is] a fun community event and it’s a tradition for the Lariettes,” Coppell High School Lariettes director Hayley Mitchell said. “It’s a great way for the community to come help support the Lariettes and CHS and get everybody together. I enjoy it because I get to see so many familiar faces and people who have gone through this school. ” 

The dinner has been a tradition since 1991 and is being held in person for the first time since 2019. Last year, the dinner was canceled and replaced by an online silent auction and live raffle fundraiser due to COVID-19. 

“I’m excited to see how this turns out because we’ve been doing a lot of preparation, selling tickets and baking for it, so I’m excited to see everyone come out to support us,” Lariette senior Mira Jiang said. “It is a great chance for the community to get together and  see everyone, especially after we’ve all been online for so long. I know there’s so many people supporting the Lariettes and [I’m excited] to hang out with everyone before the football game.”

Items that will be auctioned off for the $5 raffle include a Bison cooler, a Ninja air fryer, Apple AirPods, Bose bluetooth headphones and an around town dining experience at restaurants including Victor’s Wood Grill and Rodeo Goat. The $10 raffle tickets will include a press box experience with CISD Superintendent Dr. Brad Hunt, a one night stay at Great Wolf Lodge for a family, a Del Frisco’s celebration evening, a VariDesk seat, wireless charger and task lamp and a MacBook Air. 

“It’s time we get back to normal and be able to do the traditions we’ve been able to do for years,” Mitchell said. “I think we’re going to have a really good turnout because people are ready to get back to doing normal things and wanting to come to support the school and the community.”

Dinner and raffle tickets must be purchased directly from a Lariette. Tickets cost $10 for adults and $5 for children ages 3-12. For more information, click here.

Follow Manasa (@Manasa_Mohan_7) and @CHSCampusNews on Twitter.