Lariettes to hold online auction, live raffles

The+Coppell+High+School+Lariettes+is+hosting+a+virtual+auction+through+Sunday.+The+raffle+and+auction+replaces+the+annual+Spaghetti+Dinner%2C+which+was+canceled+due+to+COVID-19.+Graphic+by+Sally+Parampottil+

Sally Parampottil

The Coppell High School Lariettes is hosting a virtual auction through Sunday. The raffle and auction replaces the annual Spaghetti Dinner, which was canceled due to COVID-19. Graphic by Sally Parampottil

Tracy Tran, Photo Assignment Editor

On Tuesday evening, the Coppell Lariettes announced the winners of its annual raffle ticket fundraiser via Facebook Live.

“It took about three to five months to restructure the auction and raffle,” CHS senior Lariette Katie Fraser said. “Raffle tickets have always been a great fundraising opportunity for the Lariettes so I’m glad so many people throughout Coppell were still happy to participate in the raffle.”

Annually, the Coppell Lariettes, along with the Lariettes Service Organization, hosts the Spaghetti Dinner for fundraising before the first home football game. This year, due to COVID-19, the Spaghetti Dinner was canceled. The Lariettes will be having their fundraising with live raffles and online auction on the website and Facebook page.

“I’m really sad that I didn’t get to fully experience my senior year Spaghetti Dinner since it’s a Lariettes tradition,” Fraser said. “I understand that in these times, we have to sacrifice certain events and I’m still glad we got to sell raffle tickets and fundraise as a group.”

The raffle tickets sell for $5 or $10 for each, which is an increase from last year. Prizes for raffle tickets include an Apple Watch, AirPods, 2020 Samsung 55” Class Crystal UHD TU-8000 Series TV, inflatable movie screen, among others. 

“A couple of our girls do the raffle so that’s really exciting,” Coppell Lariette director Hayley Mitchell said. “This year they’ve had to sell raffle tickets and then had to get items for the online auction. I’m really excited just for the girls to be personally involved with [the process of online raffles and auction].”

The online auction runs through Sunday with items from sponsors including the YMCA, Club Pilates, JC’s Burger Bar and many others.

“We’re so excited about our raffle and our auction,” Mitchell said. “All the money raised will still go to the Lariettes and get ready for our spring show that we’re going to do in the spring.”

Along with the raffles and online auction, the Lariettes also have a scavenger hunt called “Find the Fringe”, helping people to feel excited about the fundraising.

Follow Tracy (@AnhImtracy) and @CHSCampusNews on Twitter.