Coppell remains idle this week as Hebron game canceled due to COVID-19

The+Coppell+football+team+listens+as+the+band+plays+the+alma+mater+after+its+game+against+Plano+West+on+Oct.+30+at+Buddy+Echols+Field.+The+Cowboys%E2%80%99+game+against+Hebron+has+been+declared+a+no-contest+as+Hebron+has+shut+down+football+operations+for+the+next+two+weeks.+

Sally Parampottil

The Coppell football team listens as the band plays the alma mater after its game against Plano West on Oct. 30 at Buddy Echols Field. The Cowboys’ game against Hebron has been declared a no-contest as Hebron has shut down football operations for the next two weeks.

Meer Mahfuz, Co-Sports Editor

According to Coppell coach Michael DeWitt and Hebron High School Principal Amy Boughton, Hebron will shut down all football operations for the next two weeks after Hebron coaches and others have been impacted by COVID-19.

The result of which is that Coppell’s football game against the Hawks, originally scheduled for Nov. 13, is now a no-contest and will not be made up.

Coppell (4-2, 2-1 in District 6-6A) will remain idle for this week and begin game preparation for next week’s senior night game against Lewisville. 

The two week shut down for Hebron (3-2, 2-1) will be influential for District 6-6A seeding going into the rest of the district play as Coppell, Hebron, Lewisville and Plano West hold a four-way tie for second place behind Marcus. Hebron’s next two games, against Coppell and Marcus respectively, have been declared a no-contest.

Coppell currently holds the tiebreaker over Plano West and Plano West holds the tiebreaker against Lewisville. When district play comes to an end on Dec. 4, the teams that are tied in record will go through the tie breaking process of head to head matchup, then common opponent and then point differential.

Follow Meer (@meer_mahfuz) and @SidekickSports on Twitter.