LeBron James voted NBA MVP

By Peter Sblendorio

For the second time in as many seasons, Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James was named NBA MVP on Friday.

James was second in the NBA in scoring with 29.7 points per game, only behind Oklahoma City Thunder forward Kevin Durant. In addition to a sparkling points total, James averaged 7.3 rebounds and 8.6 assists per game in 2009-10.

James has been the focal point of the Cleveland offense, who is the number one seed in the Eastern Conference of the NBA playoffs. He led the Cavaliers to a series win over the Chicago Bulls in 5 games earlier in the week.

James will recieve his MVP trophy during Game 2 of the Cavaliers second round matchup against the Boston Celtics on Sunday. This marks the second year in a row that James has won the award.

Since entering the league in 2003, James has been one of the premier players in the NBA. He is one of a handful of NBA players to ever win consecutive MVP awards.

At just 25 years old, James still has many seasons ahead of him to tally up MVP awards. James is a free agent at the end of this season, and his tremendous success could very well land him with the biggest contract in NBA history.

For more on James’ award, click here.